Friends of Mount Stewart (FOMS)
Friends of Mount Stewart (FOMS) is committed to enriching the educational experiences of our children through a myriad of activities organised across both Infant and Junior schools by dedicated parent volunteers. As FOMS it is our aim to have a common vision and set of values for both schools. The purpose of FOMS is to have a common parent association that will support the management, staff and children of The Mount Stewart Schools by raising funds to make a resourced and enjoyable school community.
MEET THE TEAM!
Year 5 and1
Year 5 and 2
FOMS is successful as we have the following aims:
- Raising money for specific projects and resources for the school.
- Contribute to the school community through social events for parents and children to raise money.
- Getting to know other parents and teachers informally is great for everyone.
- We are developing a knowledge base of parents and carers’ skills, languages, and interests; so that the FOMs can contribute to the school in an organised way.
As is usual, every parent will be a member of the FOMS automatically – and be informed of events via the school. We welcome any involvement, and an AGM takes place in September where the FOMS can agree on its aims and elect a committee.
If you want to be involved, you can contribute by:
- Being a committee member – with a title (secretary, etc.) or an ordinary committee member. This means attending meetings a few times a term. Perhaps meetings at various times may help make this easy for various parents to attend – no need to come to them all.
- Organising and helping out at events.
- Letting the FOMS know what your talents are. The FOMS would like to make a ‘knowledge base’ of parents’ skills and interests. If you have a special skill of any kind, they would like to hear from you: this might be your line of work, language, cooking specialities, hobbies, or indeed your history.