For Open Mornings please see Calendar
Mount Stewart Junior school admits pupils for 7-11 years old.
The number of available places are:
- 90 full-time Year 3 places
- 90 full-time Year 4 places
- 90 full-time Year 5 places
- 90 full-time Year 6 places
Brent Council is responsible for allocating all places and in-year admissions at Mount Stewart Junior school. Parents should apply online using the link below.
The deadline to apply is:
• 15th January 2021
Applying for a School Place
The school adheres to Brent criteria for admitting pupils to Mount Stewart Infant School. Catchment areas are on the Brent Council website: www.brent.gov.uk/services-for-residents/education-and-schools which will take you directly to the catchment area page. On this page there is a link to the property database where you can input an address and it will tell you which catchment area the address belongs to.
Pupils are admitted at age 7 without reference to ability or aptitude. The school is committed to equal opportunities and pursues a policy of non-discrimination in carrying out its policy. The number of admissions in Year 3 is up to a maximum of 90 pupils.
Where there are more applications than places available, then the following criteria will apply:
- Looked after children / Previously looked after children.
- Children attending Year 2 of Mount Stewart Infant School at the time of application who have siblings who attend Mount Stewart Junior School.
- Children attending Mount Stewart Infant School at the time of application who do not fulfil criterion 2.
- Other children who currently have a sibling at Mount Stewart Junior School and will continue to do so on the date of admission.
- Children for whom it is essential to be admitted because of special circumstances to do with significant medical or special educational needs.
- Proximity of the child’s home to the school, with those living nearer according to the distance measured along the safest walking route, being accorded higher priority.
Please note there is no automatic transfer from Mount Stewart Infant School to Mount Stewart Junior School. Parents must submit a separate application via www.eadmissions.org.uk.
If you are not offered a place at Mount Stewart Junior School and you wish to appeal against this decision, details of the appeal procedure will be sent to you on application to the Executive Head.
School visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact email@example.com or by phone on 020 8907 5113, to arrange an appointment.