For Open Mornings please see Calendar
Mount Stewart Junior School
The deadline to apply is:
• 15 January 2019
Pupils are admitted at age 7 without reference to ability or aptitude. The school is committed to equal opportunities and pursues a policy of non-discrimination in carrying out its policy. The number of admissions in Year 3 is up to a maximum of 90 pupils.
Where there are more applications than places available, then the following criteria will apply:
- Looked after children / Previously looked after children.
- Children attending Year 2 of Mount Stewart Infant School at the time of application who have siblings who attend Mount Stewart Junior School.
- Children attending Mount Stewart Infant School at the time of application who do not fulfill criterion 2.
- Other children who currently have a sibling at Mount Stewart Junior School and will continue to do so on the date of admission.
- Children for whom it is essential to be admitted because of special circumstances to do with significant medical or special educational needs.
- Proximity of the child’s home to the school, with those living nearer according to the distance measured along the safest walking route, being accorded higher priority.
Please note there is no automatic transfer from Mount Stewart Infant School to Mount Stewart Junior School. Parents must submit a separate application via www.eadmissions.org.uk.
If you are not offered a place at Mount Stewart Junior School and you wish to appeal against this decision, details of the appeal procedure will be sent to you on application to the Executive Head.
School visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Mrs Nila Mistri at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 020 8907 5113, to arrange an appointment.